Seiten

10. Juni 2013

Greek-Inspired Pesto Pasta, Basta!



The weather has been very lovely in Germany for the last three to four days and I just could not help myself and make a (to me) very summery pasta dish that reminds me of the beautiful country of Greece. However, I have to admit, I have never ever been to Greece myself! Oh. What a shame, really. One day hopefully…
Consequently, this dish is what I think pasta tastes like in Greece. It has sheep’s feta in it, roasted Mediterranean vegetables and fresh basil. Maybe it is more of an Italian-Greek symbiosis or a what-a-German-thinks-Greek-food-tastes-like kind of dish. Whatever. It tastes delicious and that is all that counts, right?

If you feel like it, I can totally recommend adding one or two garlic cloves to the pesto. Garlic is always great in everything Mediterranean meals, but I left it out this time because I want to pack it for lunch the next few days. I  think there’s nothing worse than to bother others with garlicky fume. Ehem.




The dish can be served hot as a main pasta dish or at room temperature as a salad. Either way, it’s good. I hope you enjoy!


                   

Greek -Inspired Pesto Pasta

Ingredients:
(Serves 4-6)

5 cups cooked penne pasta (probably 300g raw penne)

Basil Pesto:
2 ½ cups slightly packed basil leaves
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp walnuts
2 Tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp sea salt
Pepper to taste

100g sheep’s or goat’s feta cheese, crumbled

Add all ingrediemts except the cheese into a blender and blend until you have a pesto like consistency. Then Stir in the feta cheese. Set aside.

Baked vegetables:
2 zucchino, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
250g brown mushrooms, sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt, pepper

Add your chopped vegetables  and the olive oil to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine everything. Spread vegetables on a lined baking sheet and bake in the oven at 175°C (350°F) for 30-35 minutes.

Arrange the dish:
In a large bowl mix noodles with pesto and stir well to combine. Then fold in all the baked veggies. Season with salt and pepper to taste if necessary. Serve warm as a pasta dish or cold as a salad.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen