Seiten

5. Mai 2013

Cheesecake Dessert with Rhubarb Compote



This weekend  it was time for a dessert because I just couldn’t stand walking past all this beautiful rhubarb anymore. I am weak guys, I am weak.
But whatever, there are worse things than rhubarb on this planet so I don’t give a damn.
Aaaand, I think it has been at least 1 year since the last time I enjoyed a piece of this tart wird looking fruit ( I think it actually is a vegetable?).

Today the sun was shining and the temperatures reached 24°C! Yikes! That called  for an indulgent, yet refreshing and somewhat healthy dessert to celebrate, don’t you think?
But since I really wanted to spend my time outside rather than in the kitchen I could not imagine myself baking a buttery cake . So please welcome the no-bake Cheesecake Dessert!
It is a very quick and simple recipe that comes together in 10 minutes flat, when you prepare the compote in advance as I did. That’s not too shabby for a dessert, I think.

I really love the flavor combinations of rhubarb, honey and vanilla, so I could not help myself and make a recipe out of it. For the cheesecake base I chose to use vanilla quark that is only slightly sweetend. The base is very sweet and brings together the tartness of the rhubarb and the slightly sour taste of the quark perfectly.
If you do not have quark were you live, just replace it with Greek yoghurt. It should work nicely.

Although desserts in glasses might be very old fashioned I like the idea of digging deep into the rhubarb compote and creamy vanilla yoghurt to reach the sweet, nutty crust layer. That is so exciting and such fun to eat. I don’t mind if it’s nothing cool kids do. At least I have delicious food. And a chair in the sun. Enough for a perfect Sunday afternoon.







Chessecake Dessert with Rhubarb Compote



Rhubarb Compote:
(Makes a lot)

750g (9 stalk) rhubarb, ends cut off, peeled and chopped (it should then be about 560g)
approx. ¼ cup (65ml ) honey
approx.. ¼ cup apple syrup
¼ cup water
½- ¾  tsp ground vanilla
Little lemon juice

Cut peeld rhubarb into slices and add all ingredients except the vanilla in a pot. Bring to a simmer and cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes until the rhubarb is soft and has fallen apart. Stir in the  vanilla and  let cool. Store in the fridge.

Crunch-layer:
(serves 2-3)

¼ cup (30g) rolled oats
¼ cup (35g) almonds
4 pitted dates
1 Tbsp apple syrup
1 Tbsp water
1 tsp coconut oil

Ina food processor combine all ingredients and pulse until a crumbly dough forms.

Vanilla-Quark:
(serves 2-3)

250g nonfat Quark or Greek yoghurt
150g creamy plain yoghurt (3,5% fat)
1 Tbsp apple syrup
½ tsp ground vanilla or more to taste

Into a bowl add all ingredients and stir until a smooth cream forms.

To assamble the cheesecake, add 1/3 or ¼ (depending on the size of the glasses) into a glass and smooth out. Cover with the desired amount of vanilla quark. Top with rhubarb compote. Enjoy with a long spoon to dig deep and eat the layers together.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen